Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Off to the Mexico MTC


Hey, I made it safely. Had a bit of a scare going through customs, but it all worked out okay. It was just a little confusing, because no one really spoke English and one of my luggage tags fell off. I flew down with 9 elders going to my mission. They are all great guys and we get along really well, but we definitely have a lot of variety. I saw Nate Mayer right when I walked in the front doors and gave him a huge hug. I also talked to some elders rooming with Taylor Brand. Zach and I were next to each other on the plane ride from Dallas to Mexico.

Lots of Missionary Luggage!

Will and Elder Nate Mayer, Elder Taylor Brand in background.

Mexico City is crazy there are so many people and the buildings are pretty much stacked on top of each other, and everything is painted in bright colors.  This campus is beautiful and the facilities are great! I am so excited to get started but I am a little nervous at the same time. I love you guys tons. Thanks for supporting me in everything I do. These next two years will be great and I know that they will fly by. Tell everyone at home I love them. I am sorry I missed you dad, I would have called again but I had to run. I hope you got my message though. It is hard for me to talk to you guys on the phone because it is hard for me to express my love for you in a few minutes. I will write soon. That pretty much sums up the day. Dad I started reading that Clayton Christensen book on the plane. You need to read it. It talks a lot about the blessings of missionary work in the first chapter and I found it very comforting. Thank you for everything! I love you guys!  
Mexico City hillside, above the Mexico MTC

No comments:

Post a Comment