Monday, December 1, 2014

He Is the Gift


Hello Everyone.

I am doing really well. I have had a pretty average week. We talked to a lot of people this week and it is a little bit harder to teach, but everything worked out in the end.

We are really excited to start with the Church’s Christmas Campaign this week and it should go really well. There is a great new Mormon Message the Church released. We are going to focus pretty much everything we do on the real meaning of Christmas and tying it in to the restored gospel. It is going to be great. I downloaded all of the Christmas Mormon Messages today and we are going to share those videos. We are also going to share family home evenings about the Christmas story. We are also going to help the members share the Christmas message. I can’t tell you how excited I am for this Christmas. Even though it feels nothing like Christmas, because of the heat. I am so excited. This is going to be the best Christmas I have ever had. We are going to work so hard. We are going all out.


Today I was able to watch "Ephraim’s Rescue" for the first time since you sent it to me. It brought back such tender feelings as I was reminded of the stories of the pioneers. I am so grateful for their example and will always remember them. They went through so much and I hope that I can work a little bit harder for this great cause. I was feeling frustrated this week because we were working hard,  but I kept feeling like I was coming up short. I loved watching the movie today because that is exactly what happened to Ephraim. He just wanted to be a good man, but felt like he kept coming up short. I loved the line at the end. The mother of the boy tells him Ephraim is a holy man. Ephraim then tells her that he has more faults than he can count. Then she asks him how he is able to perform the miracles and he says, "I TRY". I know I come up short a lot, but I feel like I do keep trying and that gave me so much hope when I heard that. I love that story. I loved the closing lines of the movie because it talks about how the gospel of Jesus Christ gives us the opportunity to help others by bettering ourselves. I also liked how Ephraim talks about how there were many people who needed rescuing that Fall and that one of those people was himself. I testify of this. My mission is saving me as I continue to learn and grow. I hope I can do a little better each day.

I love you tons! You are all amazing! Have a great week and try not to have too much fun skiing!

P.S. MOM, THANK YOU FOR THE GREAT THANKSGIVING PACKAGE YOU SPOIL ME!

Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment