Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Gratitude


Things Elder N and I are grateful for.


Hey Fam!

I hope you are doing well! Thank you for your wonderful letters last week. I really believe they were inspired. Dad, thank you for the pep talk. You should publish that. It was perfect for me and hit all of the things that were on my mind last week. The work here is difficult. I will be in this area for another six weeks, but after that I am not sure. Anything could happen. It is possible that I could be here for a couple of months, but it doesn’t matter. I am confident that I will be sent where I am needed.

We had a chance to do some service, unloading some logs from a truck. It didn't do much for my missionary attire. 


Could have used some gloves, but it felt great to do physical labor again.


Yesterday, we invited the solid members to bring someone to church with them each week, either a less active member or an investigator. Help from members makes our job a million times easier. Please, please, please help out the missionaries as much as you can. You will make their missions so much better and they will be so happy and grateful.

You all inspire me. I really enjoyed Uncle Jeff’s letter last week. Tell him that I didn’t go turkey hunting, but we did buy a 5 ft. tall fake Christmas Tree. In the mornings it is cool enough that I can turn on our propane heater for a few minutes, drink a glass of warm chocolate milk, and pretend it is Christmas time. Then after our studies, we step out into the 90 degree weather. I am looking forward to focusing on Christ this year.

I have really been trying to have the Spirit with me by studying the Scriptures, praying, and being obedient.  The mission field is challenging but I am very grateful to be here. I am learning things about myself and the gospel that I need to know. I feel like my eyes have really been opened in a lot of ways. I still have a long way to go but I am excited for what is ahead because it can only get better. I can’t believe I have been here for 1 cambio already. I think I only have fifteen or so more to go. They say every cambio goes faster than the last one, so if that’s the case, time is going to fly by. I am excited to learn to love every day more. I have grown a lot the first 6 weeks and I am a lot happier. Missions are great! It is tough but so important.

I love you all tons!

Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment