Tuesday, December 10, 2013

"The Good News"




Elder Christensen and Elder Cy Holt
Dear Family,

My heart is so full. I have had a very difficult and discouraging week. I have been frustrated because I haven’t felt like we have accomplished very much in the last 7 weeks I’ve been here. This morning we went into the office to get my long-term visa taken care of. When we got there, I found out that there were five packages waiting for me. I was really surprised and felt a little embarrassed (especially after the new office missionary made a comment about only receiving 3 packages in the year and a half he had served). I didn’t know what to think. An hour or so later we got back to the house and I opened them up. There were the 3 from you and the one from the ward and the one from Gram. I have never been so touched and blessed in my entire life.  Mom and Dad, you are truly amazing. I am so blessed to have parents like you who give so freely and bless so many. Today you have taught me a lesson that I will never forget. The kids here will love all of these toys. Thank you so much for teaching me to give. I can do so much good and you have helped me realize that. Thank you for blessing me with so much and giving so freely to me and many others. You two are incredible. I am determined to do better and be better.

I am so grateful for our incredible ward and their generosity and love. I have been so blessed to grow up with so many great people around me.  They are incredible and I love every one of them. Please express my gratitude for their remarkable love and kindness.

I guess I am so touched because you and the ward reminded me why I am out here: to love and bless the lives of others, to share “the good news”. Thank you for everything! I hope I can make you proud.

With much gratitude,

Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment