Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easter and The Savior


A picture from my last companion when the goat was trying to eat my tie.


I got lucky this morning and printed letters off so I can respond to you guys today! I just want to start off by telling each one of you how much I love you and how blessed I feel to have the most amazing family in the entire world. You are all incredible!

Thank you for sending the great Mormon Message. I got a glimpse of it earlier this week when I was looking up a ward directory in Loncoche. It is so cool that on my lds account I have directories for all the wards in my mission, as well as my home ward. The Church is pretty incredible. I am stoked that mom found it in Spanish because we can download it to a pin drive and then often we can plug the pin drive directly into the TV and share a Mormon message or video about Christ right there in someone’s home quickly. 

http://pascua.mormon.org/


I am so grateful for our Savior as well and this opportunity I have to come to know Him. This week I decided that this is going to be my new focus. I am grateful that He loves us and that He is patient with me. I often feel frustrated with myself about all the little slip-ups I make. Satan wants to tear us down, but when we understand that Christ wants us to be happy, and to have joy and peace, and that the adversary wants us to be miserable, we can put off the adversary. I love 2 Nephi 2 in the Book of Mormon, because it talks a lot about this contrast. I know that we find peace when we turn to Christ and I love Him and want to know Him better. I love studying about Him every day. It is so important to set aside time to study the scriptures every day because it bring us closer to Him. I have very few regrets from before my mission, but one of them is that I didn´t set a good 30 minutes aside every day when I was awake and attentive to study the scriptures and Preach My Gospel. Take the time, it is more that worth it. A great talk that I love by Neil A. Maxwell is “In Him All Things Hold Together” (In Him All Things Hold Together, BYU Speeches). Will you all listen to it? 

I love each of you tons! 

Elder Christensen!

We had a great p-day activity and saw some beautiful waterfalls and this cool old plane.
Chile is beautiful!


No comments:

Post a Comment