Monday, June 9, 2014

Rain, Snow and Baptisms



Today started off really great! We had a great time at the Volcanoe Antuco this morning playing in the snow. It is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been in my entire life. Absolutely gorgeous, and we were blessed with a clear day.  It is so nice to get up in the mountains to clear your head and get away for a few moments. 



Oh, the temptation 


This week was really so great. We had a huge baptismal service and it was really amazing to see some of these families get baptized. They are wonderful people. I am very happy for Y. She has gone through some big changes and it is amazing to see how the gospel changes people. She has gone through some tough stages. It has also been wonderful to see how much the ward has come together with all of these baptisms. They are 100 percent focused on retention. 


This week Elder M and I found a great family, the P family. Both of the parents are blind and they have two sons. They are good kids. They came to church on Sunday and really enjoyed it so I am very happy for them and hope they will keep progressing.

It rained, and rained, and rained this  week. I think I experienced my first bit of a real Chilean winter. It is pretty darn cold and you are always wet. Thanks for all the great stuff mom! Miracles happen in the rain though so that is pretty great. 


This week as I was struggling I thought about the valley boys once again and found a lot of comfort in thinking about those boys crossing the icy river. Whenever I was frustrated,
I thought about them and found strength and hope. I will always be grateful for their example and I will keep working hard and looking for those who need me.  

On the way to the volcano we watched the Emma Smith movie on the bus. It is always good to remember their trials and faith. I really liked one of the quotes. “Strength isn’t something you have. It is something God helps you find.”



I love you all tons and hope you have a wonderful week in the red rocks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment