Monday, June 2, 2014

My Grace is Sufficient for Thee



Our House

Hey family!

I hope you are all doing really well and excited for summer! I am guessing you will be heading to Lake Powell in the next couple weeks and I am so jealous. Yesterday when I flipped my calendar to June it says the first day of summer on the 21st. I crossed it out and wrote winter in place of summer. The good news is I really like the weather so far in Los Angeles. It is like late fall and the sun has been out the majority of my time here. So that is good. 

We had a pretty sweet miracle this week. On Tuesday morning Elder M received a text message from one of our investigators who had been planning to be baptized in July. We had encouraged her to move it up knowing that the adversary can work on investigators when he has time. She texted us and said that she couldn’t sleep all night and wanted to be baptized the seventh of June! She will be baptized this week! She is a very nice and her mom is a recent convert. The mom is one of the nicest people I have ever met. 

The ward also went to the temple this week and had a great experience. There are many new converts and many got to do baptisms for the dead. It was a really great experience for them. This Saturday the other companionship of elders should have 6 baptisms and we have  one so we are going to try and put together something special to celebrate. 

Outside of that nothing too big happened this week. We knocked on a lot of doors and talked to a lot of people. 

Elder M shared a great scripture with me that I absolutely love in 2 Corinthians.

"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches , in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ´s sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong" 

I love this scripture. 

Our backyard. Pretty cool! I like going out to the back patio to jump rope in the morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment