Monday, June 30, 2014

Gotta Love the Under Dogs


Hey Fam,

I just want to start out by telling you how much I love each one of you and thank you for the great impact you have each had in my life. I learn so much from each of you!

We had a crazy day on Saturday. President Bluth gave us permission to watch the Brazil v. Chile World Cup game. We went and watched the second half at a member’s house. It was crazy. The whole country stopped breathing during those penalty kicks. It is probably a good thing they lost because we would not have been able to do any work this week if they had won. I can’t even begin to imagine the celebration if they had knocked off the host country in the last minute. Pretty crazy. I did enjoy that game, it was one of the most intense situations I have ever seen. Gotta love the under dogs. I’ve got to hand it to the goalie of Brazil. Talk about some pressure. 

This week went pretty well. We moved the P family’s baptismal date up to this week, so hopefully they will be baptized on Saturday. One of the sons didn’t come to church yesterday and doesn’t know if he wants to get baptized. Elder M and I are going to go talk to him today. Please pray for him. We think he is nervous to change because his dad isn’t quite sure it is true. Even though the dad supports the family one hundred percent in their decision. 

I don’t know if I mentioned this last week but we are also teaching a new family.  They are great. We met the wife first and she said she felt really good when we left. Then we met her husband later. This guy scared me pretty bad when I first met him. He is a security guard at a retail store. He has a shaved head and a beard. He also has a big scar under his right eye and has got some pretty big muscles. But he is a really nice guy. They have three little girls. I have high hopes for them. 

I also want to thank Claire for her example with her friend from Japan. That letter from her friend brought me to tears when I read it. Thank you for being such an amazing person Claire. I am so grateful to have you as a sister and so grateful we are so close. Sorry I haven’t written back to thank you. We all have so much to learn from your example. 

I love you all tons and hope you are doing well I also wanted to check up to make sure Grace is reminding everyone to pray for me. I need them! Thanks!! love you tons! 

No comments:

Post a Comment