Monday, September 29, 2014

Loving the People


Okay, so it was a really good week. I can't believe our teaching pool. We are teaching around five great families. It's unreal.

We set a baptismal date with one of our investigators this week for the 11th of October. He is a great guy. It was one of the best lessons I have had in my mission. He had concerns about how his friends and family would feel if he joined the Church. This week while reading the Bible, I came across a scripture that dad shared with me when I started my mission in Matthew 19:29. It talks about how when we give up family and friends for the Lord we will receive an hundred fold. We shared this scripture with our investigator as we taught about baptism and as we shared it with him I realized that I can see this coming true in my own life. I thought about all of the wonderful people I have taught and worked with on my mission and how they have become friends and family for me. It was a really special moment as I testified of that and told him about the eternal family he will have and the example he will be for his family and friends and how he can help bring them into the church. Elder G offered a perfect baptismal invitation and our investigator answered with a big “For sure!”. We are really excited.

We have also had some great teaching experiences and extended commitments to people. I know the Spirit has been there and that it has been felt by those we are teaching.

Another big miracle this week was HERMANO P CAME TO CHURCH!!!!! I nearly jumped through the roof when I saw him walking up the steps with his son on Sunday! HUGE VICTORY. I am so excited to start teaching him.

Elder P is not in our house but his MTC companion is with Elder H. Sounds like he went farther south.  Elder W and Elder Y are the two new elders in our house. They are great. Elder W is from Vernal and Elder Y is from Alpine.

We had 10 investigators in church yesterday. We were stoked about that. We also found a great new couple last night. Their son was born on the fifth of September and it was cool as I expressed some of the blessings dad had mentioned in his letter to me before my birthday this last month. I really felt the Spirit and it was a special lesson for me. I feel so blessed. I hope President Bluth will bless me with another cambio here. I love the people we are teaching with all my heart. There are so many surprises in this work.

I love you so much. Hope you are all well.
You guys are the best!

Love you tons, 

Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment