Monday, October 6, 2014

General Conference


Hey Fam,

We are doing really great. Every day has new challenges. I had a great morning. We put a coat of paint on the walls of our room and then we headed to play dodge ball with the Zone. 

I am happy because we have lots of opportunities to teach and I feel so happy when I teach. It is really true; when you are lost helping others you are most happy. I loved General Conference. I loved President Uchtdorf’s talk about finding light. I also loved Elder Scott’s talk, especially about prayer and sticking to the other basics and making them a priority above everything else. I also liked Tad Callister’s talk. We all need to read more books. I am grateful for Conference because you know what they are saying is true. It is just clear. 

The more I learn the more I just want to do things right. Be honest, simple, solid, and true. I listened to a great talk about that from Uncle Jeff this week and I loved it. I think that is what it is all about. Earlier, we were talking about the Book of Mormon with Hno. P.  He had read about the 3 Nephites and was awestruck by their desire to good. How awesome. I think sometimes we might overlook those three a little bit. How cool, they just walk around doing good for people in secret without ever receiving credit. I love that. Anyways, I have got to go. Sorry I didn’t write much, I have been downloading General Conference, but I am well.  Thank you for everything! I love you tons. 

Did BYU win?

Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment