Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Loncoche




The wonderful branch in Santa Juana



Hey Family,

Loncoche is really great! It is a pretty small town. I like it a lot. You can see the Villarian Volcano in the distance, which is pretty cool. There is also grass here! I really miss good landscaping. The people here are very nice. I really like the branch. I am grateful for faithful members around the world. My companion is great. He is a 6 year convert from Peru. His parents and two older brothers aren’t members, but his younger brother is. I like him because you can tell he has a good heart. He is district leader as well.

Funny experience of the week: We were contacting and this short guy with a blue construction helmet, massive blue binoculars around his neck, and a big blue ax came up to us. He was also dressed in a lot of blue clothing. He had to be drunk, because he didn’t make much sense. The next day we saw him in the same get-up pushing an empty cart around town.

Yesterday, I was missing home in the morning. But I felt a lot better when we were able to go to Church. It always feels so good to remember it is the same Church wherever you go and it always feels like home. The Gospel Principles teacher also taught a great lesson that helped me think about Christ and how He can help me in my life.

We talked to about 140 people last week and knocked on over 300 doors. Since we are re-opening a sector there is a lot of knocking doors. The new house is great. It has an awesome shower! (A great change from no hot water and a bucket.) We share with two other Elders. Another Elder from Peru and one from Santiago, Chile. I am the only Gringo, but I am glad because I think I will have Spanish pretty well down by the end of the Cambio.
Lots of leg room on the 6 hour bus ride to Loncoche

I hope everything is going well for you guys. I love you all tons, you mean the world to me. The 6 hour bus ride here was really great. It was cool to see volcanoes in the distance and look out over acres of beautiful fields ready to harvest. The fields gave me motivation.
Chilean Fields

Love you all tons,

Elder Christensen

A lot of amazing missionaries in my last Zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment