Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Feliz Navidad

Merry Christmas from Chile


Hey Fam!

It was so great to talk to you this week. I really wish I could have a 10 min. phone call each day to report in! 


The rest of the week was okay. Friday we were knocking doors all day. Saturday was a great Branch Activity where we went to a member’s house in the country. It was really great to be up in the mountains. It was good to be with the members. One of the hermanas made this awesome bread in her clay oven. Sunday was the best day of the week. We were knocking doors in the morning trying to find people to take to Church a 10:00 and we were not having much success. Then the last door we knocked on at 10:00, someone answered. It was a 10 year old boy. His mother was out of town and the rest of the family was asleep. He got up all by himself to get ready and come to Church. He was all set, white shirt and tie, ready to go. I was so touched by his willingness to come to Church. For me, it was a tender mercy where the Lord showed me His hand in the work, even after a difficult week. As I thought of what could have prompted this boy to come to Church, I thought of the Hermana that works in the Primary. I am sure her effort to magnify her calling each week had some part. I love this boy and hope that he remains faithful throughout his life. The teenage years here are very difficult without a strong family base. As missionaries, we need to establish that base for the children. This was the focus of Elder Holland a few weeks ago when he was here, to protect the children. I know the gospel blesses families so much!!

Thank you for praying for me!

Love you all tons,

Will

We had Christmas dinner with the Branch President and his family.

They are so good to us and went to so much trouble to make it special for us.

The food was amazing!



This is the building where we meet for Church on Sundays.







No comments:

Post a Comment